The standardized application form must be filled and a complete application package must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by December 18, 2015 (midnight, CET).
A complete application includes:
- Standardized on-line application form
- Application package:
Professional portfolio will include/refer to:
- Curriculum vitae (written in EURO-PASS format), which will provide the selection committee with additional information to better evaluate the application. The CV will summarize all qualifications, educational accomplishments, relevant work or research experience (if applicable).
- Copies of academic diplomas (including MA/MSc diploma or equivalent)
- Information about grades, ranking of the students in previous studies / diploma supplements / transcripts of records
- In case of non-native English speakers, suitable evidence that the applicant meets the English language requirement should be provided (English language competence B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, 2011).
- Additional documentation for admission which can be required by the EDiTE partners universities
Letter of motivation
The applicant should express his/her motivation for the general field of teacher education and his/ her specific interest focus on the general research topic “Transformative teacher learning for effective student learning in an emerging European context”. Applicants are also required to submit a tentative research project proposal, in order to identify in which direction the applicant is aiming to take his/her research. The motivation letter outlining the reasons for applying and the tentative research project proposal written in English language should be 3 pages in length (single-spaced, font 12).
For more information about specific research area description please go to the institutional website:
Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
University of Innsbruck, Austria
University of Lisbon, Portugal
University of Lower Silesia, Wrocław, Poland
Masaryk University, Brno, the Czech Republic
Recommendation letters must be submitted by each applicant, written by two different people qualified to evaluate the applicant‘s academic and professional qualifications (one letter focusing on the applicant’s academic qualifications, one letter focusing on his/her professional capabilities and achievements). In both cases, the recommendations should come from professionals who are in a position to judge the applicant’s potential for succeeding in the completion of the doctoral program and their capacities to carry out research. Personal friends and family members are not appropriate recommenders.
Applicants need to ensure that the application and all supporting documents are provided; a complete application containing all required components must be submitted by the deadline.