Early Stage Researcher position
The beginning of the employment is scheduled for March 1st 2016. Employment is temporary with a duration of 36 months.
The job positions are two-fold:
- As a researcher, you will be employed by a host university to work on your individual research project in the framework of the EDiTE joint research programme, and at the same time collaborate with the other researchers in the multi-level communities on the joint topic of Transformative teacher learning for effective student learning in an emerging European context. You can find further information on the salaries and financial benefits on the host universities’ websites.
- You will also be enrolled in the EDiTE PhD programme at your host university. Participation in the EDiTE PhD programme is free of charge, if you meet the eligibility criteria, and leads to the awarding of a PhD title and joint EDiTE Diploma. Additional admission documents will be asked for by the host universities.
Before you apply, you must make sure that you hold the prerequisite basic entry qualifications / requirements as required by EDITE Project or by the university in which they wish to enroll. The following eligibility criteria and admission requirements apply:
1) Early Stage Researcher: S/he shall, at the time of recruitment by the host university, be in her/his first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- What does that mean? After you have obtained your Master’s degree (or equivalent) which entitles you to embark on a doctorate, your research experience (full-time/part-time) must not sum up to more than four years.
2) Mobility Rule: At the time of recruitment by the host university, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host university for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior March 1st 2016. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- What does that mean? You must be willing to move to the country of the host university to take up the researcher position (or, if you already live that country, this must be for less than 12 months). A monthly allowance (€600) will be paid in addition to the salary to support your mobility, and an additional monthly allowance (€500) will be paid, if you have a family.
Each university has to submit for the applicants that are going to be employed a signed declaration to the EU that the applicants are eligible. Therefore, the EDiTE-EJD project will offer the positions only to those applicants that are eligible beyond doubt. Please, make sure to provide during the application process the relevant documents that prove your eligibility.
You do not fulfill the eligibility requirements? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
3) Required Education Level – Master Degree or equivalent
The possession of a 90 ECTS Master’s degree (or, for relevant countries, its equivalent under previous Diploma/ degree regulations), institutional requirements apply
4) Knowledge of the English Language
Very Good – B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (2011)